The blended Master in Theological Studies program offers a comprehensive and rigorous theological education with two distinct concentrations: Systematic Theology and New Testament Biblical Theology. Students will engage with profound theological inquiries and deepen their understanding of the Christian faith and the Sacred Scriptures through a blend of online and on-site classes. The program includes the writing and defense of a thesis.
The courses in this program are open not only to dedicated MA TH-STUD students but also to those in other degree or non-degree programs who wish to enroll in our blended courses to fulfill their respective program requirements.
In general, the MA in Theological Studies program in LST has the following purposes: [a] to prepare teachers for college-level theology as well as for other contexts of religious formation; [b] to present a sound and serious grounding in the basic theological disciplines (biblical studies, systematic, and moral-pastoral theology) relating to both the Christian tradition and to the contemporary life of the Christian community; [c] to foster a capacity for disciplined reflection and effective communication, principally on the college level, but also in other areas of religious formation.
The blended Masters program aims specifically to foster a deeper understanding of Systematic Theology or New Testament Biblical Theology and to accommodate the schedules and needs of working professionals and residents in Metro Manila, the provinces, and abroad.
Upon completing the Master in Theological Studies program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a deep understanding of theological concepts and their application;
- conduct independent research and engage in theological discourse;
- analyze theological issues within the context of Systematic or New Testament Biblical Theology;
- effectively communicate theological insights.
Structure of Delivery
The program will feature a blended learning format to accommodate the diverse needs of students:
- Synchronous Online Classes: Held on Saturday mornings from 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon via Zoom, these sessions allow students to engage with faculty and peers in real-time discussions and lectures.
- On-Site Classes: To meet the requirements of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) of the Republic of the Philippines, on-site classes will be conducted as follows:
- One Thursday to Saturday extended weekend at the beginning of each semester.
- Another extended weekend at the end of each semester.
- Intensive face-to-face classes will take place from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM.