Aseneta, Anatoly Angelo R., Ph.D.
Department of Theology
3rd Floor, De La Costa Hall
Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights Campus
+63 (2) 8426 60 01 local 5370-5371
Joseph Cardinal Bernardin’s Consistent Ethic of Life and the Crisis of our Common Home
Areas of Interest
Sexual Ethics, Marriage and Family, Catholic Social Teaching, Laudato Si’, Consistent Ethic of Life
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, Major in European Studies, De La Salle University, Manila
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies, with Specialization in Moral Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology, with Specialization in Moral Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City
Research and Publications
- New Scholars: Reframing Joseph Cardinal Bernardin’s Consistent Ethic of Life in the Light of the Crisis of Our Common Home and Pope Francis’ Integral Ecology. Asian Horizons 14, 3 (2020): 768-75.
- The Consistent Ethic of Life of Joseph Cardinal Bernardin and the Crisis of our Common Home. Landas: Journal of Loyola School of Theology 31, 1 (2019): 37-62.
- Laudato Si’ On Non-Human Animals. Journal of Moral Theology 6, 2 (June 2017): 230-245.
Anatoly Angelo “Gelo” Aseneta is Assistant Professor of Theology at the Department of Theology, School of Humanities, Ateneo de Manila University. He formerly taught theology courses to college students at the University of Santo Tomas and CLE subjects to senior high school students at Assumption College San Lorenzo.
He received his Ph.D. in Theology (with Specialization in Moral Theology) from the Ateneo de Manila University last 2019. His dissertation was “Reframing Joseph Cardinal Bernardin’s Consistent Ethic of Life in the Light of Pope Francis’ Integral Ecology and the Crisis of Our Common Home.” His M.A. in Theological Studies with the same specialization came from the same institution in 2015. His bachelor’s degree in International Studies Major in European Studies was granted by De La Salle University-Manila in 2011.