Dy, Manuel B., Ph.D.
- Indian Philosophy and Religions
- Modern Philosophy
Areas of Interest
- Chinese Philosophy
- Indian Philosophy
- Business Ethics
- Filipino Philosophy
- Ph.D. in Philosophy: University of Sto. Tomas, Manila
- M.A. in Philosophy: Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City
- A.B. in Philosophy: Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City
Research and Publications
- “Civil Society as Public Space and Democratic Participation: The Philippine Experience,” Eco-ethica, vol. 8, 2019, pp. 47-61.
- Philosophy of Man, Selected Readings, Revised Third Edition. BlueBooks, Ateneo de Manila University Press, 2019.
- “On Social Justice, Diversity, and Development: The Asian Context”, Social Transformations, Journal of the Global South, vol. 7, No. 1, 2019, pp. 5-20.
- “An Ethics of Interdependence in the Doctrine of the Mean,” Eco-ethica, vol. 7 (2018), pp. 25-34.
- “Social Justice in Sun Yat-Sen’s The Three Principles of the People,” Eco-ethica, vol. 6 (2017), pp. 171-186.
- “An Environmental Ethics from Teaism,” Eco-Ethica, vol 5 (2016), pp. 79-88.
- Book Review, Agustin Martin G. Rodriguez, May Laro ang Diskurso ng Katarungan. (Quezon City, Ateneo de Manila University Press, 2014, 260p.), Budhi, A Journal of Ideas and Culture, Volume XIX, Numbers 2&3, August and December 2015, p. 215-222.
- “Rethinking Mencius on the Ethics of Governance,” Eco-Ethica, vol. 4 (2015), pp. 153-160.
- Napapanahong Panlipunang Pilosopiya, salin ni Michael M. Coroza, Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino, Aklat ng Bayan, 2014.
- “Being and Nonbeing, Nothingness and Fullness,” Philosophy Manual, A South-South Perspective, UNESCO and King Abdullah bin Addulaziz International Programme for a Culture of Peace and Dialogue, 2014, pp.138-139.
- “The Confucian Golden Rule in Times of Poverty and Affluence,”Eco-Ethica, vol. 3, (2014), pp. 81-96.
- “Philosophy and Nation Building: The Case of the Philippines”, Tambara, A Journal on the Humanities and Social Sciences, 31 (2014), 63-80.
- “The Confucian Golden Rule, Origin and Prospect”, Prajna Vihara, Journal of Philosophy and Religion, 14 (2013), 64-82.
- “Ang Pagtuturo ng Pilosopiya sa K to 12 Edukasyon sa Pagpakatao”, Kaisipan, 1 (2013), 18-27.
- “A Cosmopolitan Ethics of the Ta Hsueh”, Eco-Ethica Special Issue for the XXIII World Congress of Philosophy, Athens, August 1013, Special Issue (2013), 25-36.
- Contemporary Social Philosophy, 2nd edition. Goodwill Trading 2013.
- “Confucianism in Contemporary Discourses,” Prajna Vihara, Journal of Philosophy and Religion, vol. 13, Nos. 1-2, January-December 2012, pp. 87-105.
- “Mahatma Gandhi’s Ahimsa and the New World Order”, Eco-ethica, vol. 2 (2012), pp. 43-52.
- “Rethinking Hsun Tzu in Today’s Poverty and Corruption,” Eco-ethica, vol. 1 (2011), pp. 97-111.