Dy, Oliver, G., S.J., S.T.D., Ph.D.
Loyola House of Studies
Ateneo de Manila University Campus
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tel. (+63 02) 426-6101 to 04
- Christian Worship
- Introduction to Philosophy
Areas of Interest
- History and Hermeneutics of the Councils
- History of Doctrine/Dogma
- Philosophy of Translation
- STD and PhD Theology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 2017
- STL, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 2013
- MA Theology and Religious Studies, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 2012
- MA Theological Studies, Ateneo de Manila University, 2009
- MA Philosophy (non-thesis), Ateneo de Manila University, 2005
- STB, Loyola School of Theology, Quezon City, 2009
- BS Physics, Ateneo de Manila University, 1997
Research and Publications
Rereading the Development of Tradition in.Dei Verbum.8 in the Light of Augustine’s View of Time in the.Confessions, in ‘Res opportunae nostrae aetatis’: Studies on the Second Vatican Council offered to Mathijs Lamberigts, ed. Dries Bosschaert and Johan Leemans, vol. 317, Bibliotheca Ephemeridum Theologicarum Lovaniensium (Leuven, Paris, and Bristol: Peeters, 2020), 439-50.
Latin Vulgate vs. Original Texts: The Changing Norms in Choosing and Prioritizing the Biblical Source Texts of Translation. A Study on the Historical Reception of Trent and Vatican II in the Production of the Catholic Vernacular Bible. Doctoral Dissertation. Leuven: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 2017.
The Latin Vulgate as an Auxiliary Tool of Translation: Historical Perspectives on Liturgiam Authenticam. Questions Liturgiques 97 (2016): 141-70.
Liturgical Language as a Course for Theological Thought: The Case of Dom Prosper Guranger and the Vatican II Council. Landas, Journal of Loyola School of Theology, 27, no. 2 (2013): 51-84.
Latin vs. Vernacular: A Hermeneutical Investigation on the Debate on Liturgical Language during Vatican II. Unpublished Masteral Thesis. Leuven: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 2012.
From Angel to Spirit: A Hermeneutical Investigation of Two Translations of Ignatius’ Rules for Discernment. Unpublished Masteral Thesis. Quezon City: Ateneo de Manila University, 2009.
The Structure and Dynamics of Ignatius’ Rules for Discernment. Landas, Journal of Loyola School of Theology, 22, no. 2 (2008): 81-107.