Ramirez, Felipe Fruto Ll., S.J., S.T.D.
San Jose Seminary
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tel. +63 (02) 426-6091
- Biblical Research Methods
- Introduction to Scriptures (OT & NT)
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Prophets of Israel
- TH 226 Psalms: Songs of Israel
- Biblical Hebrew I, II, III, IV
- Pentateuchal Studies
- OT Exegesis: Samuel-Kings – Succession Narrative
- Biblical Hermeneutics and Research Methods
- Textual Criticism of the Bible
- OT Exegesis: Minor Prophets – Social Justice Issues
- The Theme of Repentance in Hosea
- Wisdom Literature of OT
Areas of Interest
- 8th century prophets (Amos, Hosea, Isaiah, Micah)
- 7th century & exilic prophets (Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Deutero-Isaiah)
- Psalms & Hebrew Poetry
- Israelite History & Archaeology
- Biblical Hermeneutics
- Biblical Hebrew Grammar & Syntax
- Pentateuchal Studies focused on Deuteronomy & Leviticus
- Judaeo-Christians & NT Christologies
- A.B. Pre-Divinity, Ateneo de Manila University 1973
- M.A. Theology, Loyola School of Theology, Quezon City 1986
- SSL (Licentiate in Sacred Scriptures), Pontifical Biblical Institute (Rome) 1992
- STD (Doctorate in Biblical Theology) Gregorian University (Rome) 1995
- Research Fellow, Weston Jesuit School of Theology 2002
Research and Publications
- Thesis: Grace in Five Bikol Popular Devotions (1986); MA Thesis, LST/Ateneo de Manila University
- Dissertation: The Jacob Typology in Hosea 12 (1995); abstract published in 1995 by Gregorian University Press
- Article: Formation of Future Bible Professors and Scholars (CBAP First Annual Convention, Tagaytay City, 2000)
- Editor: The Roles of Women & Men in Scripture (Manila: Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines, 2002)
- Editor: Hope for a Suffering People (Manila: Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines, 2003)
- Editor: Ethical Dimensions in the Teaching of Jesus and Paul (Manila: CBAP, 2004)
- Editor: Scripture and the Quest for a New Society (Manila: Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines, 2005)
- Editor: Biblical Responses to the Poor and the Marginalized (Manila: Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines, 2006)
- Editor: Bible and Ecology (Manila: Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines, 2007)
- Editor: The Torah and Paul (Manila: Catholic Biblical Association of the Phil., 2008)
- Article: Typology of Sin, Repentance, and Grace in Hosea 12:3-7, Landas 26, No. 2 (2012) 41-78.
- Article: A Love Like a Morning Mist: Hosea 5:15-6:6, Landas 27, No. 2 (2013) 101-135.
- Article: The Parable of the Heifer in Hosea 10:11-13, Landas 28, No. 2 (2014) 101-113.
- Article: Are the Allusions to Jacob and Moses in Hosea 12 Late Insertions?, Landas 29, No. 2 (2015) 119-142.
- Article: Israel’s Defilement and God’s Withdrawal in Hosea 5:3-7, Landas 31, No. 1 (2017) 131-148.
- Article: Hosea 3,1-5 Afterwards the Israelites Shall Repent and Seek the Lord their God, Landas 32, No. 2 (2018) 17-32.
- Article: Melchizedek: A Minor Character of Great Importance to Biblical Theology, Landas 33, No. 1 (2019) 17-36.