Sanchez, Myrna Joyce O., Ph.D.
Center for Family Ministries (CEFAM)
Ateneo de Manila University Campus
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Telephone numbers: (63 2) 426-4289 to 92
Fax: (63 2) 426-4285
- Marital Dynamics and Counseling
- Special Issues in Marital and Family Counseling
- Family Spirituality Practicum
- Clinical Pastoral Supervision
- Adult Life Transitions
Areas of Interest
- Pastoral Marital and Family Counseling
- Developmental Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, University of Santo Tomas, Manila
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry: Family Ministries and Counseling, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City
- Master of Arts in Psychology, University of the Philippines, Quezon City
- Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology, University of the Philippines, Quezon City
Myrna Joyce is a counselor for individuals, couples and families. She is a speaker and facilitator for various seminar-workshops in non-academic, academic and corporate settings. She has experiences in college, university, and seminary teaching, several years of corporate work; and, training and practice in pastoral ministries. She is a counselor at the Center for Family Ministries and at the Lorenzo Mission Institute, San Carlos Seminary Complex, Makati City. She is a faculty member of the Ateneo University’s Loyola School of Theology, Institute of Formation and Religious Studies in Quezon City, and the Graduate School of Psychology and Counseling of St. Scholastica’s College, Manila. She is also an external psychologist at the International Rice Research Institute’s Human Resources Department. She is currently the head of RMT-CEFAM’s outreach program, Daluyan.
Myrna Joyce is a Registered Counselor and is a member of the board of directors of the Philippine Association for Child and Play Therapy.
Widow, a mother of three young adults, and a grandmother of a 5-year-old boy.
Research and Publications
(2014). Playfully Panning Life’s Gold: Exploration into the Usefulness of Expressive Play, Mindfulness, and Reminiscence Group Therapy in Facilitating Flourish and Reducing Depression Among the Institutionalized Older Persons (Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, University of the Philippines).