Sanchez, Rachel Joyce Marie, Ph.D.
3rd floor Dela Costa Building
Ateneo de Manila University
Tel. +63 (02) 426-6001 loc. 5370
Theology of Sustaining Our Common Home
Areas of Interest
- Contextual Theologies
- Liberation Theologies
- Postcolonial Thought
- Gender and Feminist Perspectives
- Ph.D. Theology, Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, 2018
- MA in Theological Studies, Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University, 2011
- AB Philosophy: Pre-Divinity Track, Ateneo de Manila University, 2006
Research and Publications
- With Puen, Stephanie Ann, “Filipino Women Still Claiming Their Space Around the Altar: Gender, Inculturation, and the Ecclesiology of Communion and Inclusion in the Philippine Church and Liturgy”, Saldanha Virginia and Metti Amirtham, The 21st Century Woman Still Claiming Her Space: Asian Feminist Theological Perspectives, 2018, 226-244.
- “Where is Women’s Wisdom in the Life of the Church? A Feminist Perspective on the International Theological Commission’s ‘Sensus Fidei in the Life of the Church'”, Journal of Feminist Studies in Religion, 32 (2016), 27-43.
- With Stephanie Ann Y. Puen, “Deconstructing and Expanding Gender Roles: Theological Reflections on Women and Local Disaster Response”, Budhi: A Journal of Ideas and Culture, 19 (2015), 49-80.
- “Suicide and Christian Hope”, Orientasi Baru: Jurnal Filsafat dan Teologi, 23 (2014), 79-94.
- With Karl S. Comiling, “A Postcolonial Critique of Amartya Sen’s Capability Framework”, Asian Perspectives in the Arts and Humanities, 4 (2014), 1-26.