Vargas, Niceta, O.S.A., Ph.D.
Augustinian Sisters of Our Lady of Consolation
273 Santolan Road
San, Juan Metro Manila
Tel. No. +63 (02) 725-2727
Areas of Interest
- Bachelor of Arts in English, La Consolacion College, Manila
- Master of Science in Educational Management, De La Salle University, Manila
- Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
- Master of Arts in Religious Studies, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
- Doctor of Philosophy in Religious Studies/New Testament, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
Research and Publications
- A Key to the Gospel of John (Quezon City: Claretians, 1994), Also translated into Portuguese and Korean.
- Living Faith in God Series, Religious Textbooks for Elementary and High School Levels (Grades I to 4th Year High School. Edited and co-authored. Quezon City .Rex Bookstore, 1998.
- “Toward A Contextualized, Integrated, Transformational and Inclusive Religious Formation,” Himig Ugnayan 1, 2 (1998-1999). 64-78.
- Reaction Paper to Prof. An Lambrecht”s “To Be A New Creation” in Announce the Year of Favor of the Lord, Annual Convention 2000, CBAP Publications.
- “Augustine and Scriptures. The Study of Scriptures and Augustinians,” Published in Augustinian, University of San Agustin, Iloilo City, 2000.
- “Roles of Men and Women in the Johannine Community, Paradigms for Discipleship Roles in the 21st Century,” In “The Roles of Women and Men in Scripture”, Proceedings of the Third Annual Convention of the Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines, Tagaytay City, July 2002.
- “Hope in the Philippine Context,” in Proceedings of the Theology Week 2003 on “Life, Hope, Holiness” of the University of Sto. Tomas, Manila Philippines, 2003.
- “As I Have Loved You….” An Exegetical Analysis of John 13:31-35. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium, 1995.1-595 pp
- “Word and Witness. Introduction to the Gospel of John,” Based from Lecture Notes of 1996-2004; 2004; Revised 2007.