Babor, Abundio R. Jr., M.S.C., S.T.D.
Missionaries of the Sacred Heart
MSC Scholasticate and Collegiate Formation House
10, 17th St., New Manila, Quezon City
Tel: (+63 02) 724-31-30
- Fundamental Moral Theology
- Overview of Moral Theology
- Toward a Moral Paradigm for Environmental Sustainability
Current Professional Activities
- Faculty Member, Maryhill School of Theology
- Dean of Studies, MSC Scholasticate Formation House
- Member, Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church
- Member, Foundation for the Philippine Environment
- Member, Global Catholic Climate Movement
- Member, Board of Incorporators, Communication Foundation For Asia
Areas of Interest
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Christ the King Mission Seminary, Quezon City
- Bachelor in Sacred Theology, Missionary Formation Institute, Quezon City
- Licentiate in Moral Theology, Accademia Alfonsiana, Pontifical Lateran University, Rome
- Doctorate in Moral Theology, Accademia Alfonsiana, Pontifical Lateran University, Rome
Research and Publications
- From Sustainable Development to Sustainable Community: Toward a Moral Paradigm for Environmental Sustainability, Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Accademia Alfonsiana, Pontifical Lateran University, Rome, Italy, 2015.
- A Critique on Arne Naess Deep Ecology in the Light of John Paul II’s Statements on Ecology: Exploring the Moral Basis of Human Responsibility for the Environment, Unpublished Licentiate Thesis, Accademia Alfonsiana, Pontifical Lateran University, Rome, Italy, 2003.
- Doctrine of Just War. LUMINA: An Interdisciplinary Research and Scholarly Journal of Holy Name University, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines October 2003 (Volume 14, No.2)
- “Moral Theology and Globalization: Exploring Ethical Problems.” LUMINA: An Interdisciplinary Research and Scholarly Journal of Holy Name University, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines October 2004 (Volume 15, No.2)
- “Living Virtuously: The Ethics of Care for the Environment.” MST REVIEW: Maryhill School of Theology 62, 14th St. corner Gilmore Avenue, New Manila, Quezon City, Vol. 17, no. 2 (2015)
- Laudato Si Made Simple. ECO: A Magazine About Our Common Home (2016), Communication Foundation for Asia, 4427 Old Sta. Mesa St, Santa Mesa, Manila, 1016 Metro Manila
- “Drug Addiction and Dependency: Catholic Ethico-Moral and Pastoral Teachings,” A Symposium Paper Presented to the CATHOLIC ASIA PACIFIC COALITION ON HIV/AIDS CONFERENCE, Manila (2016)
- Thou shalt not kill: A Moral Discernment on Extrajudicial Killing, A Symposium Paper Presented to the Maryhill School of Theology (2018), Quezon City
- “A Bucket Half Empty: A Critique of the Notion of Sustainable Development as a Paradigm for Environmental Sustainability”, in Landas Vol. 33 No. 2 (2019) 57-90.
- Moral Basis of Lockdown Vis-a-vis Corona Virus Pandemic, Online Article, Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church (2020)