Gavino, Maria Cynthia J., Ph.D.
Center for Family Ministries
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tel. +63 (02) 426-4289 to 92
- Marital and Pre-Marital Dynamics and Counseling
- Pastoral Psychology
- Counseling Families in Crisis
Cynthia Gavino is a senior family counselor and psychologist of the Center for Family Ministries. She gives seminars on parenting, marital enrichment, work-life balance, emotional intelligence, family systems and the genogram.
Areas of Interest
- Family Counseling
- Clinical Psychology
- Parenting and Families of Overseas Filipino Workers
- Doctorate in Philosophy, Clinical Psychology, University of the Philippines, Quezon City
- Master in Psychology, University of the Philippines, Quezon City
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City
- Certificate of Pastoral Clinical Apprenticeship & Supervision, Center for Family Ministries, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City
- Professional Diploma in Family Ministries, Center for Family Ministries, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City
- Master of Arts in Business Administration, Ateneo de Manila Business School, Makati City
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Administration, University of the Philippines, Quezon City
Research and Publications
Gavino, Maria Cynthia J, (2018). Challenges and coping experiences of seafarer wives given their cyclical separation from their spouses. (Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, University of the Philippines).