Schneider, Herbert, S.J., S.T.D.
Loyola House of Studies
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tel. (+63 02) 4266101
Office: +63 (02) 426-6430 ext. 3620
- Introduction to the New Testament
- The Fourth Gospel in Contemporary Research
- Pauline Letters
- Book of Revelation
- Historical and Cultural Background to the New Testament
- Biblical Greek and Hebrew
Areas of Interest
- Master of Arts in Philosophy, Berchmans College, Cebu City
- Licentiate in Sacred Theology, Leopold-Franzens Universitaet, Innsbruck
- Doctorate in Sacred Theology, Leopold-Franzens Universitaet, Innsbruck
Research and Publications
- “Discipleship in a Globalized World. The Book of Revelation: A Manual for Today’s Disciples.” In Hope for a Suffering People. Proceedings of the Fourth Annual Convention, CBAP, 25-27 July 2003. Quezon City: Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines 2003, 126-139.
- “Has God Ordained the Subordination of Wives to Husbands? Problematic Texts of the New Testament.” In The Roles of Women and Men in Scripture in the Context of Family, Church and Society. Proceedings of the Third Annual Convention, CBAP, 19-21 July 2002. Quezon City: Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines 2002, 83-106. Also in Landas 17,1 (2003) 92-118.
- “Charismatic Leadership and Community“ Charism, Leadership and Community: Proceedings of the Second Annual Convention of the Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines, July 20-22, 2001.
- The Catholic Bible Study Workbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Gospel of John. Ann Arbor, MI: Servant Publications, 1987.
- “Die Bedeutung der Geistestaufe in der charismatischen Erneuerung der katholischen Kirche,” Charismatische Kirche Heft 4, 1974