Tumbali, Amado T. Jr., S.J., S.T.L.
Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan
Corrales Avenue., Cagayan de Oro City
- Church History I: 1st to 13th Centuries
- Church History II: 14th Century to the Present
- Philippine Church History
Areas of Interest
- History of the Church
- History of Philippine Church
- History of the Society of Jesus in the Philippines
- Colonial History of the Philippines
- History of Christianity in Mindanao
- Ecclesiastical Archiving
- 2019. Licentiate in Sacred Theology (Systematic-Historical Theology), Loyola School of Theology, Quezon City, Philippines
- 2018. Bachelor in Sacred Theology, Loyola School of Theology, Quezon City, Philippines
- 2017. Master of Arts in History, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City, Philippines
- 2004. Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Divine Word Mission Seminary, Quezon City, Philippines
Research and Publications
- “History of Christianity in Mindanao: Arrival, Challenges, and Development of the Catholic Church in Mindanao During the Spanish Period (1538-1897).” Loyola Papers: Student and Alumni Journal of Loyola School of Theology Vol. 2, No. 1 (2021).
- “Philip II and Fray Bartolome de las Casas as Sources of the Catholic Church’ Pioneering Efforts Against Indio Slavery in the Philippines.” Timon: Journal of St. John Vianney Theological Seminary Vol. 13, (2017-2019): 25-40.
- “Keynote Speech 1: The Mission Itinerary of Fr. Saturnino Urios, S.J. According to the Jesuit Catalogues and Jesuit Letters.” Proceedings of the Conference on Mindanao Church and Society: Celebrating the Life and Mission of Fr. Urios, S.J. Butuan City: Father Saturnino Urios University, 2017.
- “Maritain’s ‘Rights’: A Heritage of Neo-Thomism in the Twentieth Century.” Landas: Journal of Loyola School of Theology Vol. 29, No. 2 (2015): 105-118.